[XML-SIG] "minidom-enhancements" branch

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 16:17:07 -0400

After Python 10, I spent some time implementing some performance
enhancements for minidom.  There was a bit of a discussion on the list
about them, and no one objected, but there hasn't been a lot of
activity lately.

The changes from the branch are still good, and I'd like to merge them
into the PyXML trunk.  These changes, combined with the pexpat
buffering changes, make for a nice improvement over the existing
construction process for minidom (about 2x faster; maybe more if your
documents generate a lot of consecutive character data callbacks from
Expat).

If no one objects, I'll merge my changes into the PyXML trunk tonight
or tomorrow.  If you want to take a look at them before then, they are
on the "minidom-enhancements" branch in the PyXML CVS.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation