[XML-SIG] Problems using _4xslt, is this normal?

tpassin@home.com tpassin@home.com
Wednesday, January 30, 2002 11:44 PM

[Mike F Miller]
> I've been using PyXML's sax support for some time and it's been working
> great for my needs, but I wanted to do some quick xml->html conversions
> for documentation reasons so I figured I could just whip up a few .xsl
> stylesheets and use the xslt support in PyXML to do the translations.
> It appeared that xslt/_4xslt.py was the answer to my problems, but I've
> run into a large number of issues (mostly include errors or mismatches
> on object interface names) that is leading me to believe that it isn't
> up to date, or I'm missing some additional package(s).
>
> So, is anyone using it with any success? And if so, is there something
> special that you had to do to get it working? I'm running on Linux 2.2
> with Python 2.1 and PyXML 0.7.

You want to install 4Suite 0.11.  It puts a batch file into the directory
tree and that normally works.  On Windows, though, it can't deal with paths
with spaces in them.

There might still be a few bugs that could prevent the actual
4Suite 4xslt from running - see my posts in these threads for fixes:

[1] [XML-SIG] 4XSLT Bug Affecting Document()
[2] Re: [XML-SIG] 4suite and pyxml, bug report

Cheers,

Tom P