[XML-SIG] dom building, sax, and namespaces

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:58:20 -0500

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:48:51AM -0700, Andrew Dalke wrote:
> My standard test case is 227 MB.  'grep ^ID | wc', which returns a
> count of the number of records in the file, takes a minute.  (My main
> development machine is my 233 MHz laptop.)

   Considering that the XML spec very clearly says that an XML parser
MUST stop delivering content as soon as a well formedness error is found
in a document, and that the probability of growing a corruption on a
very large file becomes not neglectable, using XML to store huge
data on a single instance is IMHO brain-dead.

Daniel