[XML-SIG] cloneNode doesn't copy attributes?

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke@gnu.org
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:14:04 +0100

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin@v.loewis.de> writes:

> It should; it is a typo in HTMLElement that it doesn't. Please apply
> the patch

This works, thanks a lot!

>> What am I doing wrong/what doco should I read?
>
> It would be good to read the DOM specification; see
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Core/

Ok.

> I'm not sure what 'this' is precisely;

Oh, just that first simple python-xml thing in my previous message.

> SAX is both standard and Java-like. It is true that some examples
> are outdated; contributions are welcome.

Ah, ok, I understand.  Now I realise that old examples can be bad, for
newcomers; they just add the extra bit of confusement that's not
helpful when you're trying to enter a new project.  Because I found
several ways of parsing html, I figured that there were `competing'
projects and really didn't know where to start, which one to use.

(py)expat is just for parsing and doing your own stuff.  Minidom is a
real small thing for small jobs with cleanish xml.  Dom full flexed
and done by 4dom, and sax is just, well, sax.

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter