[XML-SIG] 4DOM HTML erroneously using NS methods

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 11:49:30 +0100

> In dom.ext.reader.Sgmlop.py and other places, The NS methods are
> erroneously being used for HTML DOM manipulation.  This breaks apps
> that are expecting the resulting nodes to have the mandated HTML DOM
> behavior (i.e.  uppercase-normalized tagnames and the like).

It seems that 4DOM currently is more generous in providing this
behaviour than actually mandated. While I can find the text that says
that a body element should have a tagName of "BODY", nowhere I can see
a requirement that query function have to uppercase silently, as done,
e.g. in

    def getAttributeNode(self, name):
        return self.attributes.getNamedItem(string.upper(name))

So it seems to me that upper-casing is best done in the DOM builder,
not in the DOM implementation.

Regards,
Martin