[XML-SIG] 4suite and pyxml, bug report

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:35:12 -0700

Hmm.  Looks as if there has been a lot of confusion over this.  It's very=
 =

simple, really.

>   I received a bug report about the 4suite debian package.
>   I recently release python-xml 0.7 without xslt and xpath in order
>   to avoid conflicts with current 4suite (0.11.1).
> =

>   However, there seem to be incompatibility problems.

[SNIP]

> The current version of python2.1-xml does not allow a namespace
> of ''; instead, None must be used. XSLT at least hasn't been
> updated and therefore doesn't work at all. Eg, from the examples
> directory, running the command given at the top of the README:

Remember that we changed PyXML 0.7 to use None rather than '' for null =

namespace.  Earlier code used '', including prior releases of 4Suite, =

naturally.  So it's not a bug in either problem.

The solution is unfortunately to wait for the 4Suite 0.12.0 release, whic=
h =

uses None rather than '', following the new convention, before updating =

Debian's PyXML package.

We have been promising a release for a month now.  We still expect it any=
 day =

now (down to 2 blocking issues).

-- =

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management