[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:17:57 +0100

Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 10:24:16AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Even if this works on some platforms, it won't on e.g. Windows.
>
>   Why ? Outside the Python framework people have no troubles using
> binaries linked against shared libraries of libxml2 amd libxslt on
> Windows.
>     http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/

See my other reply and Fred's explanations. The problem is
due to the way Python imports modules. It does this
dynmically rather than at startup time since it is not known
in advance which modules will be needed by the process.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH