[XML-SIG] Availability of libxml2 and libxslt Python bindings

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:21:29 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:19:22PM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Hannu Krosing writes:
>  > I looked them up in /usr/include/bits/dlfcn.h and wirth this it works
>  >
>  > >>> sys.setdlopenflags(0x00002|0x00100)
>  > >>> import libxslt
>
> That's not just annoying, that's down right ugly!  I don't know how
> portable the constants are, either.  If this ends up being the only
> way to deal with this problem, I'd hope the libxml2/libxslt modules
> end up "wrapped" by modules written in Python that do something like
> this:

   thanks, I updated my wrappers to do something similar, but a bit
more careful checking first for the Os version before making any hardcoded
assumption. Also 1.5 here doesn't have sys.getdlopenflags ...

> Actually, I think there is another option, but it really wonderful
> either.  It might be better than this.  Both C extension modules can
> be implemented by a single .so this way:

  I would really prefer to avoid this for distribution purposes.

I have put updated RPMs of libxml2-python-2.4.16 and libxslt-python-1.0.12
with 2.2 modules at ftp://xmlsoft.org/test/

    Thanks for the help on this issue, I'm now looking at the setup.py docs,

Daniel