[XML-SIG] PEPs for PyXML?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:41:11 -0500

[Rich Salz]

> > To make that a bit easier, I've attached a DTD and css stylesheet for
xml
> > PEPs, a slight variation on what I sent in last year.
>
> Check out IETF RFC 2629, which is an XML DTD for RFC's.  It includes
> tools to convert to HTML and plain text ("lpr") format.  It's very
> nice.  Some examples can be found at:
> http://www.zolera.com/resources/opensrc/i-d/

This looks nice, too.  I got the xml2rfc package and tried it out.
Interesting that it fails to convert the rfc itself into text (it works for
html) - it stopped after the abstract.  The copy of the rfc on the IEFT site
also stops at the end of the abstract - someone must have run the same tool
and not checked the results!

Anyway, it looks good and may have more than we need.  I sort of copied
Python PEPs (and simplified them) for mine, but I think it needs a few more
features.  Either way, we've got somehting to start using.

Cheers,

Tom P