[XML-SIG] minidom changes & additional modules

Daniel Veillard veillard@redhat.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:33:06 -0500

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:57:18AM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > cDomlette supports xml:base.  Each node has an xmlBase python
>  > attribute on it with the appropriate value.  Why don't we enshrine
>  > this into the Python/DOM binding?  xml:base is ludicrously simple
>
> Every node, or just the non-Attr nodes that have children?
>
> I'd be inclined to make it "lazy" and go searching up the tree to get
> the base; one optimization I'd like to persue later is trying to make
> the node.__dict__ not grow beyond 5 entries whenever possible.
> (Allowing it to grow past that means an extra malloc() call.)

  that's what I do (natively at the C level) in libxml2. It's fine IMHO,
one doesn't need it that often, usually to compute the target of an
URI-Reference and that's not that common that it justifies to clutter
the tree with unneeded and recomputable data.

Daniel