[XML-SIG] Ideas for web/ package

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 14:40:06 -0500

Paul Prescod writes:
 > If you send out a request for comments on the Python URL parser you may
 > get more requirements back. I've heard second and third-hand grumblings
 > before. e.g.

This is good to know.  I've replied to the specific message you
cited.

 > This might be what Fred fixed in 2.2, though...

Yes, this one was.  That's not to say there aren't other issues with
the urlparse module API.  There's certainly more to be done -- since
there are appearantly people who want to parameterize each path
segment, there are probably people who want to extract those
parameters(!), and we don't have an API for that yet.  Even if the
strawman proposal I made when I fixed the bug was good enough (and
it's not clear that it was), there's been no real discussion of URL
parsing requirements since then.  (At least not that I'm aware of.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation