[XML-SIG] minidom changes & additional modules

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:21:29 -0700

> Uche Ogbuji writes:
>  > cDomlette supports xml:base.  Each node has an xmlBase python
>  > attribute on it with the appropriate value.  Why don't we enshrine
>  > this into the Python/DOM binding?  xml:base is ludicrously simple
>
> Every node, or just the non-Attr nodes that have children?

In cDomlette, it's every node, which doesn't hurt in cDomlette.

> I'd be inclined to make it "lazy" and go searching up the tree to get
> the base; one optimization I'd like to persue later is trying to make
> the node.__dict__ not grow beyond 5 entries whenever possible.
> (Allowing it to grow past that means an extra malloc() call.)

No problem.  I know that though it doesn't affect performance in cDomlette,
the way we have it would re-introduce the sorts of htings you're trying to
streamline in minidom.  Therefore, your suggestion sounds reasonable.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management