[XML-SIG] minidom changes & additional modules

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:14:16 -0500

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > Sure.  Mike Olson also working to make minidom amenable enough for
 > pDOmlette to be eliminated.  The assumption is that this can be
 > done without affecting minidom performance.

Excellent!  Thanks for the BoF notes, BTW; I wish I'd been able to
attend.

 > This also seems fine to me.  I would, however, like to merge the DOM L&S
 > InputSource class with the SAX2 InputSource class, so we can have some
 > uniformity and simplicty in URI and entity resolution and handling across
 > PyXML (and 4Suite).

Good idea; there's no need to have multiple InputSource types.  We can
move the InputSource implementation to xml.utils or someplace and then
import it into both places (since we need to maintain compatibility
with the APIs that already offer it directly).

 > I guess Tom Passim had a point with the PyXML PEP idea.  :-)

Yeah, I started to think this was a "big" thing when I saw how much
proposal I was writing.  ;-)

 > OK.  But even though I agree with most of it, I think you should check this
 > into a branch.

I presume you mean the whole implementation of my proposal?  I can do
that.  I'll presume we can target this for PyXML 0.8; I don't know
what plans there are for a PyXML 0.7.1.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>