[XML-SIG] RELAX NG status update

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:22:36 -0500

Current status:

* The code is now in the sandbox/ module in CVS.  Feel free to grab a
  copy and experiment with it.

* I'm still slashing away at implementing the full parser.  It's
  difficult, and I think the code is slowly becoming grungier, even
  though complicated things such as 'externalRef' and 'include' elements
  haven't been implemented at all yet.  Any help or advice would be
  greatly appreciated.

  (I'll be at Python10 tomorrow and Thursday.  On Thursday I'll try to
  give a lightning talk about this RELAX NG work.  If anyone wants to
  do a pair programming session at Python10, I'd love to.)

* It does actually work to some degree, though.  The current output of
  the test suite, with various tests disabled, is:

Results:
Incorrect tests: 64 of 144 (44%) succeeded
Correct tests:   48 of 107 (45%) succeeded

* Does anyone know of a converter from the full to the simple syntax?
  That would make it much easier to debug the validation engine
  without getting snarled in the complexity of the parser.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
It is the end... but the moment has been prepared for.
    -- The Doctor's final words, in "Logopolis"