[XML-SIG] XmlProc and the ANY element

Matt G. matt_g_@hotmail.com
Sat, 03 Aug 2002 03:45:40 +0000

>From: Daniel Shane <shane@irosoft.com>
>To: xml-sig@python.org
>Subject: [XML-SIG] XmlProc and the ANY element
>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 14:30:36 -0400

Sorry not to reply to this sooner - I've fallen a bit behind on my PyXML
mail.

>I am currently building an application using xmlproc and have found that I
>need to know what are the next valid elements even when the content model
>is
>ANY. In its current state XMLProc returns the empty list and although some
>may have built applications that expect this behavior I think it should
>really return the list of all the valid DTD elements.

Are you sure that's the correct behavior, for the 'ANY' content model?  I
thought it meant that *any* element was valid - whether in the DTD (internal
or external subset) or not.  If it is open-ended, then you obviously
couldn't list all the possible elements.

Matt Gruenke