[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.7 & 4XSLT

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@comcast.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 19:58:18 -0400

[Fred L. Drake, Jr.]

> I've trawled through the list archives looking for an answer, and it
> looks like the answer is "There is no version of 4Suite that works
> with PyXML 0.7."
>
> Is this right?  Does the xml.xslt package stand a chance?  Just how
> complicated has the installation dance become?
>
> --sigh--

Whoa, hold on, everyone!  I am running pyxml 0.7 with 4Suite 0.11.1 and I
can run transformations with 4xslt.  I just tried it out to verify my
memory.  I am using Python 1.5.2 on Windows, but I seem to recall that I got
it working with 2.1 also.

I remember one or two bugs in xpath and somewhere else that I had to fix - I
posted about them months ago.  I can't remember if nothing worked until I
fixed them or just one particular thing.  Probably the latter.  The deal is
to install pyxml 0.7 first, then delete any ft, xpath, and xslt directories
and install 4suite.

I can't say about any CVS versions.  I'm talking about the distribution I
got from SourceForge quite some time ago.

Cheers,

Tom P