[XML-SIG] 4Suite build woes (on MacOSX)

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:07:07 +0200 (CEST)

Francesco Pierfederici <fpierfed@eso.org>:

> I've been trying to build 4Suite (0.11.1, 0.12.0a2 and today's CVS
> snapshot)
> on MacOSX without any luck.
>
> I'm using python2.3a0 from the CVS and PyXML 0.6.6.
> The errors I get are about multiple definitions of the following
> symbols
>
> g_errorLocation
> g_errorOccured
> g_errorTraceback
> g_errorType
> g_errorValue
> g_prodNum
>
> in OqlSwig.o and Oql_wrap.o.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated, as I'm hopelessly stuck :-|

I'm running this, which I got compiled and which does most of what
I want it to do (except XSLT, I think... The pyRXP stuff was mentioned
recently on this list and is totally unrelated to pyXML and 4Suite):

Runtime environment:
  OS name: posix, platform: darwin
  (Mac OS X 10.1.3 - 400 MHz)
  Python version: 2.2.0 final 0
  PyXML version: 0.7
  4Suite version: 0.11.1
  RXP version: 1.2.3

I think this combination is not officially recommended, though... Well,
there are correlations between pyXML and 4Suite that appear to me at
least to be mysterious enough, so I've given up further investigations
for now, but I think I know what you mean.

Regards,

Dinu