[XML-SIG] Hello again.

Matthew D. Wood woodm@equire.com
09 Apr 2002 00:30:20 -0600

While I'm at it, I might as well ask the other question that I've been
having trouble with.

I am creating an XML document that will contain several web-links.  In
trying to figure out the best way to represent a web-link I've pretty
much convinced myself that the best method will be the standard:
style of link.  This makes sense to me as it's valid XML and it should
be pretty easy to convert it to html when I need to.

Now, I would like to use XSLT to transform my XML document into an HTML
or XHTML document.  I understand the basics of how an XSL document
should work in order to accomplish this, but I have no idea how to
preserve a portion of the XML tree.  I want to totally recreate the
entire <a ...>...</a> tree, and not change a thing.  I can't for the
life of me figure out how to do this.

I will give a really stupid cut-down example of what I'm talking about
here:

my XML document:

<root>
  <section>
    <title>first section</title>
  </section>

  <section>
    <title>second section</title>
  </section>
</root>

My desired html:

  <head>
    <title>a good title</title>
  </head>

notice: the <a href...>...</a> blocks were not changed at all.

I guess I could take out the href portion and the text portion and
totally recreate the <a> node, but that seems unnecessary.

And for that matter, I haven't figured out how to add an attribute to
the target XML.

I think I've rambled enough.  I will stop now.

But thanks for the help guys and gals.  I appreciate every little bit.

--