[XML-SIG] Hello.

Matthew D. Wood woodm@equire.com
08 Apr 2002 12:20:10 -0600

Hello.  I'm new to the list and wanted to say 'Hi.' to everyone here.

I also have a question that was semi discussed on the list previously.

My problem is demonstrated as following:

> python
Python 2.2 (#1, Apr  4 2002, 13:37:04)_
[GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)] on linux2
>>> from xml.xslt.Processor import Processor
>>> proc = Processor()
>>> proc
<xml.xslt.Processor.Processor instance at 0x831b37c>
>>> proc.appendStylesheetUri('Vehicles.xsl')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/Processor.py",
line 95, in appendStylesheetUri sty =
self._styReader.fromUri(styleSheetUri, baseUri)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/StylesheetReader.py",
line 297, in fromUri ownerDoc, stripElements)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/minisupport.py",
line 58, in fromUri return self.fromStream(stream, baseUri, ownerDoc,
stripElements)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/StylesheetReader.py",
line 304, in fromStream self.initParser()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/xslt/StylesheetReader.py",
line 344, in initParser if self._force8Bit:
AttributeError: StylesheetReader instance has no attribute '_force8Bit'

This question was already asked in March on your archive I believe.  But
I'm using the 0.7 version of PyXML, which I believe to be the newest
version available.  (It was a package from the Gentoo/Portage tree, if
that matters.  www.gentoo.org)

I don't know what version of 4Suit I'm using, but I can check if someone
will tell me how.  :-)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the product that is out there
already.  I really enjoy using it.

--