[XML-SIG] ANN: SLiP and SLIDE - a quick XML shorthand syntax and tool for editing

Matt Gushee Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:39:24 -0600

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 11:00:54AM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > [Scott Sweeney]
> >
> > > Announcing...
> > >
> > > SLiP 0.1: a "Sorta Like Python" shorthand syntax for XML
> > > SLIDE 0.1: a "Sorta Like an IDE" lightweight windows exe for SLiP editing
> > > SLiPpy 0.1: a SLiP package for Python, including a SLiP->XML library
> >
> > Either way, these little indented text formats are wonderful for whipping
> > out hand-authored XML.

Still too heavy for prose composition, IMNSHO. I've been working on a
*really* simple alternative intended mainly for writing documentation;
alpha implementation should be out in a couple of days.

Oh, I'm doing it in Ruby, though. For the time being.

No, Uche, I haven't gone over to the other side. Just broadening my
horizons a bit.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA