[XML-SIG] Re: [XML-checkins]CVS: xml/xml/sax expatreader.py,1.19,1.20

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:11:33 -0500

[Responding to a message sent to the checkins list...]

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > Unfortunately, that breaks 1.5 support, which is still a goal for
 > 0.7.1.  Even after we give up 1.5 support, I don't know whether we can
 > drop 2.0 support.

Good point!

 > IOW, I'd appreciate if you could emulate weakref.ref with a strong
 > wrapper object if it is not present.

Done.  I've also switched to using a weakref.proxy, which simplifies
the code for the new locator a little as well.

One problem I still have with ExpatParser is that it implements the
Locator interface itself, and the tests actually rely on that.  I've
not spent the time to figure out a better approach yet, but it would
be nice if it didn't conflate the interfaces like that.  Applications
can do as they please, but being strict in the libraries is good since
we ensure that we don't rely on the conflated interfaces ourselves.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation