[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] from CNR - Italy

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:36:57 -0600

Jeremy Kloth wrote:

> Now, PyXML only builds pyexpat if the version of pyexpat included with
> Python is less than 2.39.  And if I remember correctly, pyexpat from Python
> links against the expat libary, hence the failed libexpat.so.0.
>
> I don't have a copy of Python 2.0.1 around to check the version of pyexpat,
> however, in 2.1 it is 2.45.  If they rolled changes in pyexpat into the
> bugfix release, this would account for this odd error.

Thanks, Jeremy.

Carla,

Try adding the line "return 1" after line 48 in setup.py of the PyXML
package.  You should then have:

def should_build_pyexpat():
    return 1

Then re-install PyXML and let us know whether this fixes the problem.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management