[XML-SIG] 4XSLT Performance Problems with Large Files

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:54:56 +0200 (CEST)

Thomas B. Passin writes:
 > Mainly, I don't want to start a separate process each time a user runs a
 > transform.
We use "saxon" as an intranet service (servlet) to transform
files on demand. This way, we avoid starting a new process each
time. We speak HTTP with the servlet, but XML-RPC would probably
be possible, too.
In our case, the servlet owns both the stylesheets and
the source files (taken from a database).
Not sure, whether this approach is faster than starting
a separate process, when stylesheet and xml file are owned
by the client.

Other alternative would be JPE, the Java Python Environment.

Dieter