[XML-SIG] namespaces and sax questions

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:36:00 -0400

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
 > It would be better if expat reported the qualified name, but it does
 > not, and there is nothing the SAX driver can do about this. I don't
 > think this is much of a problem. If you really want this you can use
 > xmlproc.

  There is currently a patch filed against Expat (and is assigned to
me) that should allow it to report everything necessary for PyExpat to
make qualified names available.  I'll try and make sure the patch
makes it into Expat 1.95.3 and that additional controls are available
to allow this information to be reported by PyExpat.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation