[XML-SIG] Uncle Alex Needs You!

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:53:36 -0800

The Python cookbook is in the stages leading up to publishing as a book
and our XML section is pretty weak. Alex Martelli is managing this part
of the project. I've contributed more than half of the XML-related
recipes. This doesn't make it seem like much of a community project!
Please contribute

 Here are some benefits to contribution:

 * help promote Python as the excellent XML processing environment that
it is!
 * get your name into print.
 * add "Python cookbook contributor" to your resume
 * help the PSF:
     * http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2001/03/07/pythonnews.html
 * publicize your favorite XML processing package

Please submit recipes that depend on Python 2.x and/or PyXML and/or
4Suite and/or Redfoot and/or anything else. Just be explicit about what
package your recipe depends upon. If you are a big fan of 4Suite (or
creator of 4Suite) it would get great to show how to use Python with
XSLT or XPath or XPointer or ...

Where do you find recipes? I go to my "scripts" or "temp" directory and
look to see what little XML-related test files I've done in the last few
months. If doing some small task was useful to you, or investigating
some corner of Python's XML support made sense to you, then it probably
makes sense to others. So turn it into a recipe.

Please contribute in the next few days -- by the end of this week.
Thanks!

 Paul Prescod