[XML-SIG] Moving exceptions under Exception in yappsrt.py

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:40:11 -0700

> > I sent mail to the YAPPS author a couple of days ago but haven't get got
> > a reply.  Any object to moving the SyntaxError classes in yappsrt.py and
> > pyxpath.py so that they inherit from Exception?
>
> No, go ahead. Please note that I have just committed the 0.11.1
> changes. In the process, I noticed two things:
> - the XPathParser is now a pure Python (even though a generated file);
>   so it is debatable whether pyxpath should be maintained (although
>   I'm in favour of that).
> - your changes to include CDATA_SECTION in a couple of places apparently
>   have not been integrated into 4Suite. I'll try to maintain them after
>   each merge, there is always the potential that they'll break unless
>   they get synchronized with 4Suite.

I'd like to see these diffs in order to evaluate them.  I think I remember
being uncertain of the overall idea.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management