[XML-SIG] Validating parser?

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:09:31 +0200

After a major system upgrade, I am trying to get my documentation system
back into a working state, and one part of it is the Python XML package.

My documents are XML files that include other XML files, and my
understanding is that this works only with a validating parser. In my
previous setup (Python 1.5.2/PyXML 0.5) I used nsgmls to generate an
esis representation that was parsed into a DOM tree by a class called
EsisBuilder. I can't find this any more - has it disappeared? What
options are there now to read an XML file with a validating parser?
The documentation only mentions Expat (non-validating), but also claims
to be incomplete.

Konrad.