[XML-SIG] HTML<->UTF-8 'codec'? [Slightly-OT]

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 13:59:46 -0400

[Martin v. Loewis]

> > When I converted the results audit trail to a list:
> >
> > results.insert (1, "Current Dice Roll ...")
> >
> > A 10,000 roll sequence only takes roughly 1.5 seconds....
>
> Notice that using insert/append does not help at all when you add a
> single character at the time, since the list is copied on each resize,
> also.

Not so, Martin.  The tests I quoted in my last post added a single character
at a time, and insert/append gave dramatic improvements.  The list may be
cpoied on each resize but apparently it doesn't have to resize very often,
just like a dictionary doesn't have to, resize on each new addition.

Cheers,

Tom P