[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:02:24 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > How should the lack of prefix be represented? 4DOM uses '' for the prefix
> > of non-prefixed elements, whereas both PyExpat and xmlproc use None.
>
> The definition of prefix, on p.40 of
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/PR-DOM-Level-2-Core-20000927 is
>
> prefix of type DOMString [p.17] , introduced in DOM Level 2
>   The namespace prefix [p.103] of this node, or null if it is
>   unspecified.
>
> So it should be null, which, in Python, means it should be None.
>
> That says nothing about SAX, of course.

OK. If we agree on this mapping, I think I can fix minidom and 4DOM by the
end of the week. The impact on XPath and Xslt should be small. There are
already some tests in the Printers to see if a ':' should be generated, so
there again, there should be little impact.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).