[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

26 Nov 2001 23:26:02 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| More like finding out what's causing the problem for me and trying
| to fix that, either locally or by contacting SF. It seems that not
| everyone has this problem, so presumably something can be done about
| it.

* Martin v. Loewis

| Could you please elaborate the problems again? Maybe somebody can help:
| What browser, what URL, what phenomenon?

The same thing happens in Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, lynx, w3m, wget,
etc, even when I telnet from the command-line:

[larsga@pc36 python]$ telnet www.sourceforge.net 80
Trying 216.136.171.196...
Connected to www.sourceforge.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

Connection closed by foreign host.

SourceForge simply refuses to talk to me; it closes the connection
without sending anything at all back. This happens on absolutely *all*
pages hosted on SourceForge, including www.saxproject.org. It works
occasionally, then reverts to this behaviour.

I just successfully downloaded a module from a different machine,
using Lynx over SSH, so it has got to be a local problem of some
kind. It might be my local provider, but if so this is the first
problem of this kind I've had in about 6 months with the same
provider.

I'll try again tomorrow from work, and see if it's related to the
machine, or to my local network at home.

| Also, Savannah is SF 2.0, so any problem that you have with the
| current SF likely also happen with Savannah.

In any case, since only I have the problem, it's unreasonable to ask
that we should switch servers.

--Lars M.