[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

26 Nov 2001 19:11:37 +0100

* Alexandre Fayolle

| How should the lack of prefix be represented? 4DOM uses '' for the prefix
| of non-prefixed elements, whereas both PyExpat and xmlproc use None.

Good catch! I think the only thing that makes sense for SAX is to be
internally consistent (with no-URI namespace names) and use None.

Let's make sure we're fully aligned here, however. You are thinking of
the following cases, right?

  1) Default namespace declaration reported through *PrefixMapping.

  2) The values returned by the AttributesNS objects for prefix-less
     names.

Is this correct?

I've written a patch to the library documentation and sent it to Fred
as I *still* can't access SourceForge properly from home. This patch
also fully documents the Attributes and AttributesNS interfaces.

Is anyone else still seeing the SourceForge problem, BTW? This is
beginning to get difficult for me, so I'll have to do something about
it.

--Lars M.