[XML-SIG] parsing xml schema

Henry S. Thompson ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
24 Nov 2001 10:19:11 +0000

Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com> writes:

> > Parsing it is no problem; any Python parser will do. Validating it is
> > currently not supported in PyXML; you may want to try XSV - see the
> > PyXML "other software" page for a reference.
>
> Unless it's changed a lot in the past two months, I'd avoid XSV -- just
> building it was an adventure.  :(  You should also check out PyTrex, a
> tree-oriented validation language.

Sorry you had difficulties -- I'd be happy to receive feedback on how
things didn't go well for you.  Without such feedback, I'm handicapped
in trying to improve things.

It's worth noting that XSV exposes both source and schema in an
Infoset-compliant form, and has by far the most flexible support for
different approaches to determining which schema documents to use for
validation.

ht