[XML-SIG] PyXML and 4Suite possible conflict

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:35:17 -0700

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> Mike Olson wrote:
>
> > I have been thinking of breaking the Stylesheet -> pDomlette dependency
> > by putting (another) little DOM in Xslt that is for stylesheets only.
> > we only need a handfull of elements on Element, and Text Nodes.  Would
> > be pretty small in size.
>
> I don't think we should add another Domlette to the mix, regardless of
> how thin.  Why not just have a Python class API that delegates to
> cDomlette (through explicit invocation)?  Of course this approach would
> mean more complex pickling code.

I'm not sure if it would be complex.  If the domlette supports getstate
and setstate would should be able to pickle them.  Also, if parsing the
Stylesheets was quicker we might not need the pickling...

My main focus on the new DOM would be size.

Mike