[XML-SIG] PyXML and 4Suite possible conflict

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:40:25 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Martin v. L?wis wrote:

> + If you intend to install FourThought's 4Suite package, there may be a
> + conflict between the packages xml.xpath and xml.xslt provided here,
> + and those provided by 4Suite. In this case, it is advisable not to
> + install XPath and XSLT support from this package. To do so, pass the
> + options --without-xpath and --without-xslt to setup.py.

I suggest mentionning that the conflict will only occure with 4Suite
version < 0.12. Since 0.12 will have it's own versions in Ft/Xml/XPath and
Ft/Xml/Xslt, ther should be no conflict, as long as you know what you
import. Sample code would look like

try:
    from Ft.Xml.Xpath import Evaluate
    from Ft.Xml.Xslt import Processor
except:
    try:
        from xml.xpath import Evaluate
        from xml.xslt import Processor
    except:
        raise 'You need to install PyXML to run this application'
    else:
        print "Using PyXML's XPath and Xslt engine"
else:
    print "Using 4Suite's XPath and Xslt engine"

I have not checked in details, but I believe the main interfaces are
compatible.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).