[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:58:41 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> The question is whether you have to implement startElemeent or
> startElementNS. I guess newbies would rather expect startElement,
> especially when the come from Java.

I don't think this is a good reason: the prototype of startElement in Java
SAX2 has nothing to do with Python's SAX2, so newbies coming from Java
will get a surprise there, whatever we do.

My understanding is that the startElement/startElementNS was for wackward
compatibility with SAX 1.0 application, which can be considered a valid
argument.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Narval, the first software agent available as free software (GPL).