[XML-SIG] SAX API clarifications

18 Nov 2001 23:16:30 +0100

* Fred L. Drake

| This still seems to be contentious.  I'll change it if there is
| concensous that the change is the right thing to do.

* Martin v. Loewis

| Leaving the default at true means that we have to change
| expatreader.  That change may break existing applications which
| don't care to set the feature explicitly.

Actually, expatreader in CVS is already changed. I'm having trouble
figuring out the right CVS command-line arguments to establish
when[1], but I suspect that it was revision 1.12 back in June. Since
nobody's complained about this it seems likely that the problem is not
going to be very substantial.

Does anyone want to argue that we should change our minds and have the
default be "true"?

--Lars M.

[1] Does anyone know how to make the Emacs CVS integration work with
    CVS_RSH set to 'ssh'?