[XML-SIG] gray areas in Python SAX API

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:06:37 -0700

> OK, here's my take on the list:
>
> default value of namespace feature
>  * update documentation to state that the default is FALSE
>  * release fixed version of xmlproc

Do we really want it to be false?  I think the most important question is the
likely shape of most applications to be used by newbies.

> namespace-prefix feature is not supported by parsers
>  * decide if supporting setting this feature is mandatory or not
>  * if yes, fix parsers
>
> way of reporting no-namespace (None or '')
>  * decide which one to use. Already done, I think, but I cannot remember
> what the decision was

Should be None.

>  * PyExpat uses '', xmlproc uses None. Using None has a strong impact on
> code using DOM.

I guess PyExpat needs a fix.  I hesitate to volunteer, given my currnt load,
but if no one has got to it before I'm able, I can fix this.

>  * documentation

Yes.  Especially since this topic comes up every 3 months.  Again I hesitate
to volunteer.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management