[4suite] Re: [XML-SIG] Re: python SAX API

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:35:11 -0700

Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
>
> > > When is 0.7 due? If we are still far from the objectives, maybe making a
> > > 0.6.7 release with coherent parsers would be a good idea.
> >
> > I'm coming to the conclusion that PyXML 0.7 will not ship with
> > xml.xslt, only with xml.xpath. If that is acceptable, I think we can
> > have a PyXML 0.7 release next week.
>
> What will be the interaction between xml.xpath in PyXML and xml.xpath in
> 4Suite when both are installed on the same machine?

We have change 4Suite to install into Ft.Xml.XPath and Ft.Xml.Xslt.
Before 12.0 we will check at install time.  If xml.xpath does not
exists, we will have it mirror Ft.Xml.XPath (same for Xslt).  This
should minimize code breakage.

What it means then if both are installed is

xml.xpath is the probably older code (probably more stable, slower, less
conformant etc)

Ft.Xml.XPath is the newer, more bleeding edge code, etc.

Same for Xslt

Mike