[XML-SIG] Re: python SAX API

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:45:34 +0100

> Making a decision on the list is basically useless, unless it can be
> accessed outside the mailing list archives. I understand that Python 2.2
> is being freezed. What's the status of expat and of the documentation in
> 2.2. IMHO, there's an emergency here.

To me, it seems that the "(default)" setting of namespaces is all that
needs to be documented differently. It's urgent, sure, but it's a
small change, also.

> When is 0.7 due? If we are still far from the objectives, maybe making a
> 0.6.7 release with coherent parsers would be a good idea.

I'm coming to the conclusion that PyXML 0.7 will not ship with
xml.xslt, only with xml.xpath. If that is acceptable, I think we can
have a PyXML 0.7 release next week.

Regards,
Martin