[XML-SIG] pyexpatreader default namespace feature setting

16 Nov 2001 12:41:03 +0100

* Alexandre Fayolle

| I should add that the current Python documentation says
| (http://python.org/doc/current/lib/module-xml.sax.handler.html):
|
| '''feature_namespaces
|        Value: "http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces"
|        true: Perform Namespace processing (default). '''

Yes. It's wrong. I've commented on it before, and tried to start a
discussion on it, but nobody would bite.

| Now if lots of application break because they do not take the
| documentation into account, these applications should be fixed. And
| the buggy parser implementation that came in the the first place
| should be fixed too.

It's the documentation that's buggy.

| I note that your implementation of SAX for xmlproc has the feature
| enabled by default.

Not since revision 1.11, where I corrected that. What revision are you
looking at?

--Lars M.