[XML-SIG] sax2 parser and feature_namespace_prefixes

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:37:09 -0500

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > > is there a xml/sax2 parser which supports the feature_namespace_prefixes ?
 >
 > Not in PyXML, no. It would be very simple to support this feature in
 > xmlproc, though: Just adjust rep_ns_attrs in the namespace filter if
 > the feature is set. It may be even better to drop the namespace filter
 > in drv_xmlproc in favour of the one in parsers.xmlproc.namespace.

  I'll take this opportunity to note that I plan on being able to
support this with Expat 1.95.3, which I hope to release this year.
This support will also require changes (I think minor) to pyexpat.
  There is some support for this in Expat now; the API will not
change.  Expat 1.95.x (x < 3) has a bug: the current support only
works for attribute names and not tag names.  I have a patch for this
in the Expat patch manager which I plan to integrate for 1.95.3.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation