[XML-SIG] [ Newbie ] Parsing XML with an external DTD

06 Nov 2001 00:30:43 +0100

* Christophe Prévost

| Can i set the DTD to use to the validating parser ?

* Martin v. Loewis

| With xml.parsers.xmlproc, I believe this is possible.

It _is_ possible, but the reference management necessary to carry it
off is such that I don't expect anyone who doesn't know the code very
well to be able to do it.

It's been a goal for a long time to be able to offer this
functionality through the API, since I think this would be a good way
to fix one of the basic design flaws of XML 1.0, but so far the
necessary time has failed to materialize.

--Lars M.