[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] Disentangling StylesheetReader from Ft.Lib

Tue, 22 May 2001 07:15:11 +0200

> Perhaps I misread the CVS histories.  I was looking into how PyXML and
> 4Suite depended on the included DOM implementations, and I thought
> that 4XPath was copied over to PyXML, and that after that updates to
> 4Suite's tree made it dependent on its DOM.  But looking again (I was
> running into trouble with XPath/Conversions.py), there seems to have
> been some syncing and stuff going on, I'd have to do some work to
> convince myself that I was correct.

Before I first checked 4XPath/4XSLT into PyXML, I had already
significantly modified it; see README.4XPath for an outline of the
changes.

Some of these changes have been integrated into 4Suite. To continue to
keep the two branches similar, I've now integrated the changes of
4Suite 0.11 into PyXML. I have not yet modified them to work
stand-alone, yet, since I got stuck updating the Stylesheet reader.  I
think I will write a new stylesheet reader from scratch which only
uses a SAX DOM builder and a DOM implementation, but I haven't started
with that, yet.

Regards,
Martin