[XML-SIG] Advice needed: RTF->XML conversions

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 17 May 2001 08:18:29 +0100

Hi all,
I'm currently using Omnimark to convert RTF files into a usable form of XML,
ready for uploading into our SQL database.

Omnimark is no longer free, so this means I can't pass on our software to
other HE institutions in the UK.

Can anyone suggest some (preferably python based) tools I can use to get
from Word RTF (or even, gasp, the 'XML' Word 2001 expels as it's HTML pages)
to an XML form?

If someone has written something that takes that (dreadful) 'XML' output
that Word 2001 outputs and cleans it up into valid XML that would be a great
start for me.

Many thanks
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140