[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] ReleaseNode interface in 4XSLT

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 09:48:22 -0600

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

>   If you're using something that isn't GC friendly, such as minidom,
> you need explicit incref/decref machinery to be able to discard the
> document when it is no longer being used.  This is less of an issue
> with the cycle detector introduced in "modern" Python releases, but is
> still a real problem with Python 1.5.2.  And there are still a fair
> number of users of the older version, for a variety of reasons.

So your saying a smarter unlink.  either flag that I am no longer using
this document, or completely destroy it if I was the last  external
reference to document.  I think I see what your saying.

Mike

--
Mike Olson				 Principal Consultant
mike.olson@fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 102