[XML-SIG] Re: [4suite] ReleaseNode interface in 4XSLT

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 11:48:28 -0600

I see what you mean.  I was thinking about running 4XSLT on non-domlette
source nodes.

I'm guessing you've been working on code to allow XsltElements and
result-tree fragments to use minidom, so you're talking about calls to
releaseNode that handle these things.

Well, I think the best solution to this, rather than making a universal
ReleaseNode function, is to generalize the Reader architecture into a
general factory that can read, initialize and dispose of nodes.  This
could be a Python DOM standard binding extension to DOMImplementation.

The earlier conversation I alluded to is the DOMImplementationFactory
discussion.  If the DOMImplementation gets some standard add-ons, then
this can be used to determine the destruction mechanism in the general
case.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2001-February/004508.html