[XML-SIG] clarification request about Sax/Sax2 mappings

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Wed, 9 May 2001 17:56:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone could provide information about Sax/Sax2
interface in pyxml (or provide some pointer on some documentation).

Specifically, my understanding is that the prototype of the startElement
method of the ContentHandler interface in Sax2 is supposed to take 4
arguments (nsUri, localName, qName, attributes). However, in
xml.sax.handler, ContentHandler's startElement method has the same
prototype as xml.sax.saxlib's DocumentHandler (which should be used with a
SAX 1 parser), i.e. name, attributes.

I'm trying to write a parser for a non-xml document, that should behave as
a sax parser for the external world, especially to the various DOM reader
classes available around here. Some of these seem to be expecting calls to
startElementNS (I'm thinking specifically of FT's pDomletteReader), with
a signature similar to Java's SAX2 ContentHandler.startElement method.

Any help appreciated.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).