[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-421553 ] stylesheet node reader requires '' NSURI

Wed, 9 May 2001 08:59:16 +0200

> Well, a quick grep-find shows that they're all in XSLT, and they're
> all getAttributeNS or setAttributeNS calls with actual empty strings,
> nothing fancy.
>
> Are there tests for 4XSLT?  My install from a PyXML checkout didn't
> install any, and I'm an XSLT newbie, so my testing is pretty limited.

I think a major source of confusion is that the xpath/xslt
directories, as checked-out from PyXML CVS at the moment, are good for
any purpose. This is not they case: They don't work, and we know it.

If you want to *use* 4XSLT, you should install 4Suite, and not install
the xpath/xslt directories from PyXML (indeed, unless you modify
setup.py, they won't be installed).

> I could supply patches, would they be useful without real testing at
> this stage of 4XSLT development?

That said, if you want to contribute patches to make the xpath/xslt
packages useful, they are always appreciated. Of course, since you are
new to these packages, you might first want to look at how they are
supposed to function in 4Suite before fixing them in PyXML.

As for test suites: 4Suite does include test suites for these
packages.

Regards,
Martin