[XML-SIG] RE: SOAP for Python

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 21:11:25 -0600

> Cayce Ullman wrote:
> >

> > FT : http://www.fourthought.com It was my understanding that Fourthought
> > also is working on an impl, correct me if I'm wrong Mike.
>
> We have parts of an implementation but are looking to expand on it a lot
> in the next month or so.

Ah.  Mike's more cautious than I.  I'll be explicit though: the only part
we're "missing" is the SOAP serialization.  But as far as I'm concerned, we're
not missing anything in that case.  The SOAP serialization, frankly stinks.
I've already spat my venom at whomever didn't rip section 5 out of the SOAP
spec after a second reading, but we'll see how that works out.

Until then, I rely on the fact that section 5 is explicitly optional.  There
is no requirement for a SOAP implementation to use the SOAP serialization.
I'm actually more interested in writing an RDF serialization, and with some
support, it's not inconceivable that such a thing would oust section 5 before
XML Protocol emerges.

So, I disagree that 4SS has just parts of an implementation.  We have a SOAP
server according to the spec.