[XML-SIG] RDF?

Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:34:14 -0500

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 10:02:29AM -0500, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>Its a good question - about PyXML be only the "real" core xml
>infrastructure - parsing, DOM, and so on, or about major support areas for
>applications like RDF?  If not, that sounds like a new SIG.  That might be a

We've discussed applications on the XML-SIG before; just in the last
few days we've had all that discussion of XBEL, for example.
Discussion of building XML-related things in Python is on-topic for
this SIG, in my view, even if the system isn't a candidate for
inclusion in the PyXML distribution.

RDF looks like it's going to be common and fundamental enough that
IMHO there should be some support for it in the basic package.  I'd
lean toward making it minimal instead of full-featured, but it doesn't
look like RDF needs that large an API; neither 4RDF nor Redfoot have
very large APIs, though I haven't looked at them very closely.

--amk